Situated to the west of Reading, Tilehurst Parish extends from the A4 in the south to a few metres short of the A329 in the north. The Reading boundary forms the eastern border whilst its western border follows the line of the Sulham escarpment.
The present Tilehurst Parish was created on the extension of the Reading Borough boundary in 1919. Tilehurst Parish Council became responsible for the rural area of the old Tilehurst and, with the remainder being within the Reading Borough area, it became known as Tilehurst Without. It now serves a population of approximately 14,500, with an electorate of approximately 11,100, and covers an area of 11 square miles.
The Council manages four recreation grounds and four community halls (at three sites). The parish’s Sports Centre and two further plots of land are leased to West Berkshire District Council to meet education and social service needs in the local area.
PARISH COUNCIL'S ANNUAL REPORT - the Parish Council's Annual Report for the 2022/23 financial year is now available to download as a PDF. Any parishioner who would like a hard copy of the report should please contact the office by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 0118 941 8833.
NEW GYM EQUIPMENT, TURNHAMS FARM RECREATION GROUND
The parish council is very pleased to confirm that the parish's first outdoor gym equipment is due to be installed at Turnhams Farm recreation ground in June 2023.
The "Big Rig" combines a variety of workout stations which can be used by anyone over the age of 11 years and are suitable for all abilities from complete beginners to advanced gym goers. Further information is available in this PDF update.
LATEST NEWS - for items of local interest, including updates on road closures within parish, please see our Latest News page.