Situated to the west of Reading, Tilehurst Parish extends from the A4 in the south to a few metres short of the A329 in the north. The Reading boundary forms the eastern border whilst its western border follows the line of the Sulham escarpment.
The present Tilehurst Parish was created on the extension of the Reading Borough boundary in 1919. Tilehurst Parish Council became responsible for the rural area of the old Tilehurst and, with the remainder being within the Reading Borough area, it became known as Tilehurst Without. It now serves a population of approximately 14,500, with an electorate of approximately 11,100, and covers an area of 11 square miles.
The Council manages four recreation grounds and three community halls. The Parish’s Sports Centre and two further plots of land are leased to West Berkshire District Council to meet education and social service needs in the local area.
- Under 'Latest News' you will find traffic information, police updates, consultations and other items of local interest.
- The M4 will be closed between J4b - J5 this weekend, 21 - 23 February. For full details and suggested diversion see 'Latest News'.
- This Council has responded to West Berkshire Council regarding the latest plans for access to the proposed development at Pincents Lane. You will find our response under 'Latest News'.
- Closure of Long Lane, Tilehurst:
Council has been advised by West Berkshire Council that Long Lane will be
closed from the 24th to 28th February 2020. The
extent of the closure will be between the junctions of Vicarage Wood Way and
closure is required so that Thames Water can connect a site main to the parent
main within the carriageway.
diversion will be via Sulham Hill, Chapel Hill, Lower Elmstone Drive, Overdown
Road, Dark lane and vice versa, the diversion will be signed on site.
- Access will be maintained
- Blue light access will be
maintained throughout (approach with caution as plant may have to be
should be directed to: KCD on: – 07939 977827
A plan of
the closure can be found at: https://one.network/?tm=116415402