Keeping well this winter

Published: 29 November 2022

Sometimes it seems unclear whether someone needs emergency care, so the NHS has issued some guidance.

Urgent care is for things like fractures, minor head problems or cuts which are not life threatening.  In these cases, visit the NHS web site or call NHS 111 for help.

In a situation where someone is seriously ill or injured or their life is at risk and they need emergency care, call 999. 

NHS winter help image